Last Week on The Jim Gearhart Show
1. NJEA proposes to extend tenure to four years for new teachers.
2. The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development finds that many people are committing fraud by collecting unemployment benefits while working.
3. Would you support an increase in the gasoline tax to replenish the Transportation Trust Fund?
4. Clinton Township police ticket a 53-year-old man for bicycling the wrong way on a one-way street AND for not having a light or a BELL on his bicycle!
5. Would you welcome a medical marijuana dispensary in your town?
6. Springfield superintendent bans Halloween costumes at elementary schools, claiming the costumes distract from learning. UPDATE: Responding to pressure from parents and children, the ban has been lifted and children are permitted to wear costumes on Halloween.