James Holmes Thought He Was The Joker? [AUDIO]
New York Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly told a press conference that suspect Colorado theater shooter James Holmes thought he was Batman’s greatest nemesis, the Joker.
“We have some information, most of it is public. It clearly looks like a deranged individual. He had his hair painted red, he said he was ‘The Joker,’ obviously the ‘enemy’ of Batman,” Kelly said at a news conference about New York stepping up security at screenings of The Dark Knight Rises in the wake of the Colorado shootings according to CBS New York.
ADDITIONAL: Colorado Theater Shooting
Listen to Kelly’s comment:
Where would Kelly get information like that?
TMZ reports that Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates may be the source of the information as he was a member of the NYPD for 21 years before moving to Colorado and is a “good friend” of Kelly’s. The site also suggests Holmes may have been trying to recreate a scene from the last Batman movie in which the Joker, played by the late Heath Ledger, shot up a hospital.
Oates would not elaborate on how Holmes was dressed during a press conference.
Subscribe to New Jersey 101.5 FM on
- SPECIAL SECTION: More stories on Denver Theater Shooting
- ARTICLE: See What Witnesses Are Saying about Denver Theater Massacre
- ARTICLE: A Look at the World’s Deadliest Shootings
- ARTICLE: 12 Dead in Colorado Theater Shooting
- ARTICLE: James Holmes was a loner, former neighbor says
- ARTICLE: James Holmes ID’d as Suspected Gunman in Theater Shooting
- ARTICLE: James Holmes Apartment was Booby Trapped