James Holmes Apartment Booby Trapped, Investigators Say
Police say the apartment of the suspect James Holmes in a mass shooting at a Denver area movie theater is booby trapped, so they’ve evacuated five surrounding buildings.
Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates says bomb technicians are determining how to disarm flammable or explosive material in the third-floor apartment. He says police could be there some time.
Oates says pictures from inside the apartment are fairly disturbing and the devices look to be sophisticated.
FBI agents and police used a hook and ladder fire truck and put a camera at the end of 12-foot pole inside the
apartment where 24-year-old James Holmes lives.
The apartment is about four miles from the theater where at least 12 people were killed and 50 were wounded.
- SPECIAL SECTION: More stories on Denver Theater Shooting
- ARTICLE: See What Witnesses Are Saying about Denver Theater Massacre
- ARTICLE: A Look at the World’s Deadliest Shootings
- ARTICLE: 12 Dead in Colorado Theater Shooting
- ARTICLE: James Holmes was a loner, former neighbor says
- ARTICLE: James Holmes ID’d as Suspected Gunman in Theater Shooting
(The Associated Press 2012 )