Jail time for sagging pants
Jimmy Kimmel once said of Florida, "where all bad ideas are legal." In Ocala, Florida, the city council this week voted in an ordinance that makes it illegal to wear sagging pants on public property. Wildwood, New Jersey has done this too of course. The huge difference is that in Ocala, you can go to jail for it. Yes, the penalty can be a $500 fine and 6 months in jail.
What makes this even harder to believe is where they draw the line at the legal definition of "sagging." Pants worn just two inches below the natural waist can get you jail time. Two inches. I think almost everyone has been guilty of that at some time or another.
Speaking of dumb laws, guess which one of the following has been a real law in Florida:
- Illegal to have sex with a porcupine.
- Banned all computers and smart phones in internet cafes.
- Unmarried women may not parachute on Sundays.
- Illegal to have oral sex.
- Women can be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer in a salon.
Answer? ALL OF THEM!