Incredible Super Bowl Facts
The biggest game in all of sports has generated some "off the chart" statistics. Here are some interesting facts I think you'll enjoy about The Super Bowl.
* One billion (yes, with a "B") two hundred fifty million (1,250,000,000) pounds of chicken wings are being consumed on Super Bowl weekend.
* An estimated seven million employees will miss work tomorrow.
* During the first celebrity halftime show at Super Bowl VI the performers included Ella Fitzgerald, Carol Channing, and Al Hirt.
* Ticket prices for Super Bowl I (January 1967) were $6.00, $10.00, and $12.00. Last year, face value prices ranged from $600 to $1,200.
* About 49 million cases of beer are sold on Super Bowl Sunday.
* There has never been a shutout in Super Bowl history.
* Of the top ten most watched TV programs of all time, nine have been Super Bowls.
* Almost 15 thousand tons of potato chips will be consumed today.
* Each player of the winning team for 2013 will receive 88 thousand dollars. Players on the losing team will rake in 44 thousand dollars.
* It will cost $3,800,000 to air a 30 second commercial on this year's Super Bowl. In 1967 a 30 second ad cost $40,000.
An estimated 8 billion dollars will be wagered on today's game.
Enjoy the game!