Contact Us
Make My Homepage

Husband, Wife Die in Woodland Park Fire

A 76-year-old man and his 74-year-old wife have died in a house fire in Woodland Park.

Fire
Martin Barraud, Getty Images

The fire was reported just after midnight Monday.

The woman was found near the front door and her husband was found upstairs. They were pronounced dead at a hospital. Their names have not been released.

Investigators tell The Record newspaper the fire began when an exposed wire rubbing against a heating vent in the basement caused an electrical arc.

The fire spread from the basement to the kitchen and dining room on the first floor.

 

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Best of the Web


Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://nj1015.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on New Jersey 101.5 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on New Jersey 101.5 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!