Hightstown Fire Death Was Accidental
Authorities say an apartment fire that killed a central New Jersey woman this week has been ruled an accident.
An autopsy determined that 50-year-old Marin Edich Patino Zurita died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Mercer County prosecutors say the Dec. 23 fire started in her bedroom at the Deerfield-Westerlea Arms complex in Hightstown. It apparently was caused by the improper use of extension cords.
No other injuries were reported in the blaze, which was reported around 6 a.m. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to her apartment, and no other units at the complex were damaged.
Zurita was taken to a hospital, where she died a short time later.
No other injuries were reported in the fire.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.