Video replay: Town Hall on Heroin’s Hold on NJ
If heroin's steady march into New Jersey communities bothers you, you'll want to watch the video above.
Tuesday evening, New Jersey 101.5 hosted a special Town Hall on heroin's impact on the Garden State. We were joined by Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph Coronato; Larry Litras, a social worker and clinical addiction specialist at the Carrier Clinic in Belle Meade; and Lynn Regan, whose son is a recovering addict and who co-founded the CFC Loud N Clear Foundation in Farmingdale.
But just as valuable to the experience was the community of people who came together to share their experiences — and resources for getting help — in our online chat, seen below. If you've struggled to find help, been turned away because of cost or lacking insurance, or faced long waits for services, check out some of the solutions they suggested:
Recent coverage at NJ1015.com/heroin includes:
- Struggling with drug addiction: How to get help
- When heroin has a grip on your story: One family's struggle (VIDEO)
- Heroin in New Jersey: By the terrifying numbers
- What are the signs of drug addiction?
- N.J.'s heroin epidemic spirals out of control.
- Drug addiction epidemic rages on
- Helping addicts after lives are saved by Narcan
- Families ‘turned upside down’
- What mothers suffer to save their addict kids
- Can N.J.'s addiction epidemic be stopped?