Harlem Globetrotter to Tour the Shore for Anti-Bullying
You may not know who Handles Franklin is, but if you see him on a basketball court you’ll never forget him. The Harlem Globetrotter will bring the team’s “ABCs of Bullying Prevention” to 1,500 students at five schools in Cape May County, New Jersey on Wednesday, June 5 and Thursday, June 6.
The multi-talented Franklin will spread goodwill throughout the Jersey Shore before the Globetrotters bring four games to the Wildwoods Convention Center from Aug. 7 to Aug. 10.
During each school visit, Handles will incorporate the Globetrotters’ famous ball handling into an assembly that teaches students how to combat bullying by using Action, Bravery, and Compassion.
The Original Harlem Globetrotters are celebrating their 87th consecutive year, continuing a world famous tradition of ball handling wizardry, basketball artistry, and one-of-a-kind family entertainment that continues to thrill fans of all ages.
Throughout their history, the Globetrotters have showcased their iconic talents in 122 countries and territories on six continents, often breaking down cultural and societal barriers while providing fans with their first-ever basketball experience.
The schedule for Franklin includes:
Wednesday, June 5
- 9 a.m. Cape Trinity Catholic, 1500 Central Avenue, North Wildwood, NJ 08260
- 10:15 a.m. Cape May City Elementary, 921 Lafayette Street, Cape May, NJ 08204
- 11:30 a.m. Glenwood School Community Day at Wildwoods Convention Center, Wildwood, NJ 08260
Thursday, June 6
- 8:30 a.m. Bishop McHugh Catholic School, 2221 N Rte 9, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
- 1:15 p.m. Ocean City Intermediate School, 1801 Bay Avenue, Ocean City, NJ 08226
The Globetrotters will return during peak season of 2013 with four games and four clinics at the Wildwoods Convention Center from Wednesday, Aug. 7 through Saturday, Aug. 10. Games will take place nightly at 7 p.m., with clinics daily at 2 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now via www.harlemglobetrotters.com, or by calling 800-745-3000.