Good Friday – Who’s Open, Who’s Closed?
It’s Good Friday in New Jersey and today is a state holiday. It’s one of those days where you may ask yourself if the post office is open…or if the bank is open, or you might say “I’m off today, maybe I’ll go visit the nice folks at the MVC”. Here is a quick list to help you out today:
• Most Public schools are closed today, but it is optional.
• Post offices are open; there is regular mail delivery.
• State and local government offices and courts are closed.
• Financial markets and stock markets are closed.
• Today is not a “bank holiday”–most banks will have regular hours.
• Motor Vehicle Commission agencies, driver testing facilities closed.
• NJ Transit trains are running on a regular schedule. Bus schedules vary by route. Early getaway bus service will be available today from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York for the benefit of customers observing Passover and Good Friday.
To learn more, check out timetables visit www.njtransit.com. You can also call (973) 275-5555.
• PATH trains are operating on a regular weekday schedule.
• PATCO has a special afternoon schedule on Good Friday.
• New Jersey 101.5 is on a holiday schedule today, the music has come out to play, with lots of news, weather and traffic updates, both on air and on line.
Are you working today? Let us know below, and we hope you have a nice Easter and Passover weekend.