From The Newsroom – 12/16/11
Friday morning got off to a rapid start with news of an amber alert for two missing children. The story manifested itself quickly throughout the morning.
- An amber alert unwound into a murder, then abduction, and an apparent suicide between Old Bridge and Fort Montgomery, NY.
- Kevin McArdle reports from the State House that a bill to impose stiffer penalties for road rage moves forward.
- Ilya Hemlin was in Upper Freehold, where a measure was passed to block a medical marijuana growing facility.
- Joe Cutter says that holiday retailing numbers are looking up.
- A job’s bill is headed back to Governor Christie’s desk.
- One State Senator says he will keep pushing a “special case” death penalty bill till it gets a vote.
- Stacy Proebstle reports that synthetic drug use in New Jersey is on the rise.
A reminder that Monday night at 7PM is this month’s “Ask The Governor” program with Governor Chris Christie and Eric Scott. During the broadcast there will be a live video stream and an interactive blog. You can do all of that and submit your questions now here.
Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone. Text “NEWS” to 89000.
VIDEOS OF THE DAY
Videos by Dino Flammia