From The Newsroom 03/26/12
A full-tilt sports weekend is capped by Tiger Woods breaking off the snide, winning his first PGA event since 2009. Meanwhile, Governor Christie comes to our studios tonight at 7PM for “Ask The Governor.”
- A new FDU poll gauged NJ voters on political name-calling. Topping the list of no-nos was “numbnuts.”
- Shore towns are cracking down on underage drinking, imposing stiffer penalties for the teens.
- A study finds that half of all first marriages end within 20 years.
- One state lawmakers has introduced the “Rail Passenger Bill of Rights,” while a new report finds ridership on NJ Transit trains and buses at an all-time high.
- The anticipation builds for Revel in Atlantic City, with Governor Christie confident of the impact the facility will have on the resort town.
- Many with diabetes do not even realize they have it.
- On this week’s What’s So Great About the Garden State, a Brick grass-roots charity helps fill in the gaps for families dealing with illness.
- Scrutiny builds over the handling of the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.
- Tim Tebow will be introduced at a press conference in Florham Park as the newest member of the New York Jets.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right to your cell phone. Text “NEWS” to 89000.
Leave your questions anytime online for tonight’s “Ask The Governor,” which takes place at 7PM. During the show you can participate in an interactive blog , and on twitter by using #AskGov.
Our weekend poll asked if you thought the rejection of Governor Christie’s Supreme Court nominee was “political payback.” 82% said yes.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Associated Press