Whitney Houston, Grammys, Gay Marriage: From The Newsroom
The nation mourns the loss of one of the greatest singers to grace the planet as 48 year old New Jersey native, Whitney Houston, passed away over the weekend in Los Angeles.
- Fellow musicians honored Whitney Houston at last night’s Grammys Award Show. We have full coverage including recap, reaction, interactives and video.
- Gay marriage takes center stage at the State House in Trenton with a Senate vote scheduled on the issue. Our own Kevin McArdle has an exclusive today with Senate President Steve Sweeney.
- Meanwhile, top Democrats are at odds over a shared services bill.
- Young adults continue to deal with the impact of the recession as the gap grows between younger and older people with job trends.
- The mild winter weather combined with dips in temperatures has Jersey fruit growers concerned about their crops.
- Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, and Townsquare’s Kelly Waldron asks if you will spoil your valentine?
- Every Monday, we feature a charity or organization around New Jersey in our What’s So Great About the Garden State segment. Today’s focus is on the United Way of Greater Mercer County.
Be the first to know. Get our breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone. Text the word “NEWS” to 89000.
Our weekend poll asked if you would be more likely to visit Atlantic City because of their planned improvements. 50% said no, while 28% want to see what exact improvements are made.