From the Newsroom – 02/03-12
Two days to go before the big game. Get all the latest in Sunday's faceoff between the New York Giants and the New Englad Patriots in our special Super Bowl.
- The Assembly Judiciary Panel passes legislation to legalize gay marriage after several hours of testimony yesterday. We have video of the statement made by Assembly Minority Leader Shelia Oliver.
- One lawmaker is pushing for stronger penalties for drivers texting or talking on their cell phones.
- Governor Chris Christie brags about his fights with the Democrats during yesterday's town hall meeting in Denville.
- President Barack Obama unveils a jobs program for veterans. Watch video of the President's speech here.
- More oversight of the New York/New Jersey Port Authority could be on the horizon after a package of bills clears an Assembly panel.
- Camden schools are being accused of underreporting school violence cases.
- The nation's economic picture continues to improve.
- Governor Chris Christie calls the medical marijuana law flawed.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts on your cell phone by texting "NEWS" to 89000.
Thursday's poll asked what change is needed the most to make Atlantic City more tourist friendly. Nearly 45% of those polled said a reduction in crime.