Five Must-Know Tips For Buying a Car this Memorial Day Weekend [SPONSORED]
It's not just a time for backyard barbecues and hitting the beach. Memorial Day Weekend is also a perfect time to buy a new car. But how can you get a great deal on a new vehicle and still have time to make it to the beach?We partnered with Brad Benson Hyundai to help you make the right choice this Memorial Day Weekend with some great car buying advice.
1. Know what you're looking for. If you go to a dealership without an idea of what type of car you'd like, it might be easier to get yourself sold into a vehicle you're not excited about. Know what year, make and model you're interested in before you head to the dealership.
2. Always shop online to search for used cars or new vehicles before going into the dealer. Get a sense of the market value of your ideal vehicle to avoid getting marked up. Consumer websites like Kelley Blue Book allow you to search for both the private party and dealer value of a car.
3. Look for safety and reliability information on your desired vehicle. Independent organizations like Consumer Reports can provide ratings of new and used vehicles. If you find that the car you're interested in has low reliability or safety ratings, consider a different vehicle.
4. Always ask to test drive the exact car you will be buying before making a purchase. Often the exact vehicle you want will not be immediately available. While you wait for the car in your chosen color or with the exact features you want to arrive, you may be offered to drive a comparable car. Just make sure not to sign until you've driven your car.
5. Pick the right dealer. Choosing a reputable dealership can be just as important as picking a safe and reliable vehicle. Look for customer reviews on Google Places. If the majority of consumers have had unsatisfying experiences, you should consider using a different dealer. Traveling extra distance for excellent customer service is worth the trip.
This article was created in collaboration with our advertising partner Brad Benson Hyundai. Check out their huge Memorial Day Sale: New Hyundai’s for 35% Off in 35 Minutes or Less—3905 Route 1 in Monmouth Junction or online at www.bradbensonhyundai.com.