Fans mark 5th anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death
Michael Jackson’s fans – still as loyal and fervent as ever – will participate in tributes worldwide to commemorate the fifth anniversary of the singer’s death.
- Brad Sundberg, a longtime member of Jackson’s technical team, presents his “In the Studio With MJ: The Homecoming” seminar in Los Angeles June 23 through 26, featuring music, photos and stories about working with the King of Pop; tickets are $249 to $339.
- Channel Islands Helicopters in Oxnard, California, will offer private helicopter tours over Jackson’s Neverland Ranch in the Santa Ynez Valley on June 23 and 24; $175 per person.
- Fans are invited to dress as the late icon for a celebration of his music and videos at Watha T. Daniel-Shaw Neighborhood Library in Washington, D.C., from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on June 25; free admission.
- The San Diego County Fair in Del Mar, California, will host Who’s Bad, a Jackson tribute band, for a special performance at 7 p.m. on June 25; concert included with $14 fair admission.
- Jackson fans in the Netherlands will gather at Scheveningen Beach to commemorate his death by lighting lanterns at 8 p.m. on June 25; free admission.
- Spanish fans will hold vigils at Playa Catalunya in Barcelona and Playa de la Victoria in Cadiz beginning at 8:30 p.m. on June 25; free admission.
- Los Angeles fans will gather at Jackson’s star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame at 10 p.m. on June 25 to sing, light candles and display flags from around the world; free.