Family Displaced By Fire At Collingswood Apartment
Authorities say a Collingswood couple and their 11-month-old baby escaped injury when a fire broke out in their apartment.
But the three were left homeless by the blaze, which started around 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the couple’s second-story unit at the Heights of Collingswood complex.
Lt. Robert Fox of the Collingswood Fire Department tells the Courier-Post of Cherry Hill that the couple said they were cooking on their gas stove when the blaze started.
The fire was brought under control about 10 minutes after firefighters arrived, but it caused severe damage to the kitchen area and other parts of the apartment.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved)