The Shop Rite supermarket in Ewing was evacuated for a possible hazardous material situation.

 

Fire and police at Shop Rite in Ewing (Eric Johnson, Townsquare Media NJ)

WPVI TV reports a person passed out inside the store around 1:40PM while two others became sick. First responders had everyone stay inside the store while they determined if the problem originated from the parking lot. The store was then emptied.

A test for carbon monoxide came back negative. Police told WPVI TV the store is having work done on its heating system but no connection has been made.