EGG HARBOR — A 16-year-old teen died from electrocution when an aluminum ladder he was holding came in contact with nearby power lines.

First-responders were called to a home on Seagull Drive on Saturday morning for an accidental electrocution when they found the boy at the scene, police said. He was initially treated by Atlanticare Paramedics and the Egg Harbor Township Ambulance Squad before being taken to AtlantiCare Mainland Division, where he was pronounced dead, police said.

Detective Robert Harte of the Egg Harbor Township Police Department Criminal Investigations Bureau responded and assisted at the scene as well as other officers from the department, according to police.

Sign up for the Newsletter

Get the best of delivered to your inbox every day.