Don’t be fooled by easy trip into see the Pope: You’ll still have to wait
If you're heading to see the Pope's Philadelphia Mass Sunday, you've probably noticed – things seem pretty calm for an event expected to draw 1 million or more people.
But don't be fooled — there's a substantial wait at the several surrounding checkpoints as you approach the Ben Franklin Parkway.
New Jersey 101.5 brand manager Eric Johnson took a train into University City from Media, Pa. Crowds were lighter at the train station than he expected, "and once you got on the train, people were great," he said.
"There was a real feeling of togetherness. People were happy and cheering," he said. "It was totally different than commuting into Philly during the week."
And the walk from University City to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway he said, was pretty sparse for such a major event.
Here’s how you can keep up with all the latest news from New Jersey 101.5 as it happens:
- Keep an eye on our special Pope visit coverage page, which we’ll be updating all week with live video, traffic updates, reactions from local leaders and much more.
- Listen to New Jersey 101.5 on your radio dial, or online at NJ1015.com. Mobile users: Download Radiopup to listen any time from your Android or iOS device.
- Follow New Jersey 101.5 on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Text TRAFFIC or NEWS to 89000 for traffic and news alerts.
And you can contribute, too! Be extra eyes and ears in the crowd. Is the traffic overwhelming? Is the walk from Camden to Philadelphia going as planned? Let us know by:
- Tagging @nj1015 on Twitter and @nj101.5 on Instagram.
- Calling in to 800-283-1015.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to share lots and lots of news? Email us at email@example.com before Friday with the words “pope visit” in the subject to make arrangements to get in touch throughout the visit.