Disaster Legal Services Offered to the NJ Victims of Superstorm Sandy
A toll free hotline in now available for New Jersey survivors facing legal issues because of Hurricane Sandy.
The hotline number is 1-888-541-1900 and the office will be staffed Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. You will have the ability to leave voice mail messages as well.
According to the Governor's press release, the type of legal assistance available include any of the following:
The type of legal assistance available includes:
- Assistance with replacing legal documents that may have been lost due to flooding.
- Assistance with life, medical and property insurance-related claims.
- Assistance in consumer protection matters, remedies, and procedures.
- Counseling on mortgage-foreclosure problems.
- Counseling on landlord/tenant problems.
- Creditor-debtor matters.
- FEMA appeals.
The press release also states that when calling, survivors should make it clear that they are seeking legal assistance related to Hurricane Sandy.