Dharun Ravi Sentence Aftermath: From The Newsroom
Dharun Ravi’s sentencing continues to dominate things in the news. Today, we get reaction and the aftermath of the sentencing in this extremely polarizing case.
- Ravi receives a 30 day jail sentence, which has drawn reactions ranging from heavy support and staunch opposition to Judge Glenn Berman’s decision.
- A tax cut compromise is possible, says the Assembly Budget Boss.
- NJ’s ocean water quality is great, according to a new DEP report.
- Two measures advance in Trenton, one that would decriminalize possession of marijuana and another that would allow mobile gaming in Atlantic City.
- Speaking of Atlantic City, a horrific stabbing in broad daylight Monday left two Canadian tourists dead.
- Homeowners’ insurance premiums continue to rise.
- Four fugitives escaped on Monday across New Jersey; 2 are caught, 2 are still on the loose.
- A new study finds that more men are entering women-dominated fields.
- We examine the impact of social media on small business.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone. Text “NEWS” t0 89000.
Monday’s poll, which we are leaving open, asked your opinion of the Ravi sentence. There was a ton of votes on this one, with a split decision at the time of this publication. 42% say it was too lenient, 42% think it was just right, and 16% thought it was too harsh.