Dennis and Judi’s Greek Chicken Recipes
It seems every time Dennis and Judi mention something they cooked the night before everyone wants the recipe! Over the past couple weeks they have both talked about Greek chicken they made, and of course, listeners have requested we put the recipe’s up. So here you go.
Dennis’ Greek Chicken Recipe
- Marinate 4 or 5 thinly sliced chicken cutlets in Greek salad dressing for two hours.
- Brown on medium high heat on one side for four minutes.
- Turn over and turn off heat. Let meat stay for three minutes.
- Remove from pan. Slice into strips and put it over either spinach or broccoli rabe already sauted in garlic and olive oil (in another pan).
- Optional: sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and serve.
Judi’s Greek Chicken Recipe
1 l/2 lbs boneless chicken breast cutlet
1/2 c + 4 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c wine vinegar
I T oregano
1 clove garlic
2 T lemon juice
2 T margarine or butter
10 pitted kalamata olives, chopped (optional)
Salt and Pepper
- Pound cutlets very thin.
- Make 3-4 slits across tops of cutlets to allow juices in. Place cutlets in Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Leave in fridge anywhere from an hour up to 48 hrs.
- Coat skillet with 4 tbs olive oil and 2 tbs margarine or butter till hot. Lower heat to med.
- Saute cutlets for one minute on medium heat, then turn chicken, (if using olives, sprinkle over chicken after turning) cover skillet.
- Immediately turn heat to low set timer and cook for 10 min. Do NOT open cover!
- Turn fire off set timer and leave chicken in juices for 10 min. DO NOT open cover!
- Serve on bed of spinach or broccoli rabe