Dennis and Judi’s Discover Italian Cooking Recipes
If you couldn't make the amazing Discover Italian Cooking with Dennis and Judi event at Mrs G's in Lawrenceville over the weekend, you are in luck! Dennis has posted his delicious recipes for the meal he prepared for the crowd right here for you to enjoy.
- Five large eggplants
- Small bag of pasta flour
- A few eggs(for the egg wash)
- Three large cans of crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1 small package of fresh basil
- 1 container of grated parmesan cheese
- 4 bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
Slice, dredge in flour and saute the eggplant. Layer in a casserole dish with cheeses, tomatoes and fresh basil. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 375.
- 5 containers of pine nuts
- 5 large containers of fresh basil or 15 small containers of basil (whatever is available)
- 2 12 or 16 oz. containers of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle of extra virgin olive oil 25 oz.
- head of garlic
Combine all ingredients in food processor and refrigerate until ready to use
- 1 bag of pasta flour 4lb. bag
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 large container of ricotta cheese
- 1 12 oz. container of Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 bunch of fresh Italian or flat leaf parsley
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
Combine flour, eggs and water to make pasta dough (mix by hand). In a bowl, mix cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper
roll out pasta dough in sheets
cut dough into 2″ squares
place a teaspoon of cheese filling in the center of each
top with another sheet of dough, press together to make a ravioli
refrigerate raviolis until ready to cook
cook raviolis in boiling water
toss with pesto
Here is a photo of the Pasta and pesto dish:
Thanks to the amazing studio audience and Mrs G's in Lawrenceville for making it such a fantastic event.