Christie Stands By “Idiot” Remark: From The Newsroom
Governor Christie defended his decision on Monday to call a Rutgers law student and ex-Assembly candidate an "idiot" last week. In tragic news, a Lakewood toddler loses her life.
- Governor Christie not only didn't back off his original comments to William Brown, but added that being an ex-Navy Seal did not give Brown the right to act like a "jerk." Christie also vowed to pass education reforms this year.
- A 2 year old Lakewood toddler died on Monday night after disappearing, only to be found to be in a septic tank shortly after.
- A new FDU poll shows that for the first time in 10 years, New Jerseyans think that the state is headed in the right direction.
- A report shows a trend of a growing gap between the rich and poor, especially in New Jersey.
- Legislation is introduced that aims to discourage teen smoking.
- Minimum wage for tipped workers could increase under a new bill.
- Stairway injuries are down for children, but more work needs to be done.
Be the first to know. Get our breaking news and weather alerts direct to your phone by texting the word "NEWS" to 89000.
Alan Kasper's 5 day New Jersey forecast is available anytime online.Hear Extended Audio from Governor Christie's Monday Press Conference:
Monday's poll asked if you would ever allow a prospective boss to have your Facebook password, even it improved your chances to land the job. A resounded 95% said no.