Cheryl Burke, Thomas Roberts won’t host Miss USA
NEW YORK (AP) -- Miss USA has lost its all of its co-hosts.
"Dancing with the Stars"' Cheryl Burke and MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts said Tuesday they won't take part in the July 12 pageant after Donald Trump made remarks about Mexicans while announcing his run for president.
On Monday, NBC said it would cancel its Miss USA coverage and part ways with Trump, with whom it owns the pageant.
Last week, Univision canceled its Spanish simulcast following remarks Trump made in his recent presidential campaign kickoff speech that some Mexican immigrants bring drugs and crime to the U.S. and are rapists.
Both co-hosts of the Univision telecast, Roselyn Sanchez and Cristian de la Fuente, also said they wouldn't take part.
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)