Bruce Springsteen’s Wrecking Ball Tour – By the Numbers
The European leg of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band’s Wrecking Ball tour came to a close on Sunday in Ireland. There are still a few more stops to go in places like South America but as it winds down there are no more scheduled dates in the U.S.. 16 months and 129 shows later, here’s a numerical look back at the tour.
– Bruce performed 223 different songs among those 129 shows.
– 3 songs were played at every single show. Those were…
1.Born To Run
2.Death To My Hometown
3. Dancing In The Dark
(Interesting thing about that last one is Bruce now seems to embrace this song but back in the 80’s he fought with producers and the label suits against its inclusion on “Born In The U.S.A.”)
– Wife Patti Scialfa only played 19 of these 129 shows.
– 4 hours and 6 minutes was the longest show of the tour on July 31, 2012 in Helsinki, Finland
– 34 was the most songs of any show on June 22nd, 2013 in the Netherlands
– Only 2 songs from 1987’s Tunnel Of Love were played during the tour; “Brilliant Disguise” 3 times and “Tougher Than The Rest” 6 times
– Once…the number of times he did NOT play “Waiting On A Sunny Day” or “Tenth Avenue Freezeout”
– Twice…the number of times he did NOT play “Wrecking Ball”
– 10…the number of times he played a short acoustic set for the early arrivals
What’s your favorite Bruce Springsteen song?