The AMC movie theater at the Freehold Raceway Mall has been evacuated for the second time in a week.

Joe Hewes of Freehold told New Jersey 101.5 he was watching "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" with his 21-year-old daughter Friday afternoon when the when the screen went dark and a woman came into the theater and told everyone to leave.

Hewes said everyone in his theater left in an orderly fashion and several police cruisers reported to the theater. He said many people simply left in their own cars after being evacuated.

Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Charles Webster confirmed Freehold Police and the Monmouth County Sheriff's Dept. responded to a threat at the theater, but has not yet provided further details. Update: Authorities have since said the matter was a bomb threat.

Two theaters were screening the new Star Wars movie at the time of the evacuation. Theater employees offered free tickets to come back and see the film according to Hewes.

The theater is at the mall's Route 537 entrance and is a free standing building not attached to the mall.

Earlier this week, the same complex was evacuated after an employee found a written bomb threat, the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office said at the time.

In that earlier case, the employee found a note in a bathroom Monday evening saying bombs had been placed in multiple theaters. But after authorities searched the complex, no bomb or other threat was found.

Sign up for the Newsletter

Get the best of delivered to your inbox every day.