Beach Bacteria Rises: From The Newsroom
Two New Jersey beaches were closed by state officials, while dozens are undergoing further testing, because of rising bacteria levels in the water.
- Officials says that stormwater run-off likely caused the boosted levels, but are continuing testing at many of the Ocean and Monmouth beaches.
- The latest jobs report for New Jersey.
- Autopsies reveal accidental drowning as the cause of death for two New Brunswick boys.
- Where will gas prices go for the rest of the summer?
- At a press conference Tuesday, Governor Christie signed a bill for crime victims and addressed the issue of sports betting in New Jersey.
- Mitt Romney is headed to NJ, while Governor Christie heads west.
- Health officials are warning about the risks of swine flu.
- A new program is introduced to help New Jerseyans find a job.
- The latest installment of Kelly Waldron’s series on elderly drivers.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right to your cell phone by texting “NEWS” to 89000.
Tuesday’s poll asked whether teen drivers should be forced to display red decals…88% say no, 12% yes.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Governor’s Office