Another Dark Day In Happy Valley: From The Newsroom
Just when you thought things could not get worse for Penn State University, a new scathing report implicates senior officials, including legendary coach Joe Paterno, of basically turning a blind eye to the antics of Jerry Sandusky.
- The Thursday release has put all the cards on the table, as the shamed university now looks to rehabs it tarnished image.
- The hot and relatively rain-free weather has still not given shore merchants the success they had hoped for.
- Officials say that lean times will continue for many towns across the Garden State.
- The Attorney General announces a ramped up effort to crack down on human trafficking in NJ.
- A new law signed Thursday looks to protect the state’s most vulnerable citizens.
- More medical marijuana hearings may be on the horizon.
- A recent trend shows a shift in the population across the state from suburbia back to the cities and centers of action.
- President Obama says needs to do a better job of inspiring.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right to your cell phone by texting “NEWS” to 89000.
Thursday’s poll asked if you agreed with the Asbury Park decision to overturn a decades-old ban on wearing bathing suits on the boardwalk…90% agree with the repeal, while 10% still thought it had some merit.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Associated Press