Amy’s sausage and cheddar bread pudding
There aren't too many recipes that fit breakfast, lunch. and dinner. This one does.
The sausage and cheddar pudding is one of my "go to" dishes. It's simple to make, full of protein, and delicious.
We are picky eaters in my family. This recipe passes the taste test for us. I think it will for you as well.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
* eight ounces of cheddar cheese cut into half inch cubes
* one pound of breakfast sausage removed from casings
* one yellow onion diced
* one loaf of bread
* four eggs
* two cups of milk
* Kosher salt and ground pepper
* four tablespoons of butter (divided)
* a half bunch of chopped parsley leaves
Here are the simple step by step directions:
1. In a saute' pan over medium high heat, add sausage and a tablespoon of butter and cook until the sausage has browned and the fat has rendered.
2. Remove sausage from pan, leaving the fat, then add the onion and cook until softened. (about 4 to 5 minutes) Season the onions. Let the sausage and onions cool separately.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and parsley.
5. Grease a casserole dish with butter. Scrape all of the sausage and bread mixture into the casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is browned and any liquid has been absorbed.