Amtrak expects Northeast Corridor service to return Tuesday
Amtrak remains confident its Northeast Corridor service between New York and Philadelphia will be restored on Tuesday with full service available on Tuesday, a week after a derailment in Philadelphia injured 200 and killed eight.
A modified schedule between Philadelphia and Washington D.C. will continue through Monday.
Otherwise, alternate service continues all weekend and on Monday for commuters which includes:
- Cross-honoring tickets on the Northeast Corridor between Trenton and New York.
- RiverLINE is cross-honoring Amtrak tickets. Riders can travel from Pennsauken to Trenton and continue to New York.
- Cross-honoring Amtrak tickets on bus service south of I-195.
- Extra trains are running from West Trenton to the Frankford Transportation Center in Philadelphia. Free shuttle buses are available from Trenton station to West Trenton.
- Additional bus service between New York and Philadelphia as well as Philadelphia and Washington.
- Amtrak riders may trade in their ticket for a bus ticket at no extra charge until Amtrak resumes Northeast Corridor rail service.
- Limited service is available between Washington and Philadelphia and Harrisburg and Philadelphia.
Get the latest NJ Transit and Amtrak service information by texting TRAFFIC to 89000 or by following @nj1015 on Twitter.