After NJ mom killed, you can help her 9 kids
The Greater Ocean Township Chamber of Commerce is seeking your help, looking to help a family of nine children after the the unthinkable happened — their mother was killed this summer.
The chamber's letter, with information on how you can help, is below.
Communities rally when tragedies happen. Once in a while, a tragedy so devastating happens that it takes a village to help on an on-going basis. An ongoing village is needed now to help the nine Seidle children, left on their own after their lives were shattered by the horrific events of June 16 when their mother was killed. Tamara was a much loved pillar of the community. She raised her children to be part of that community and taught them to be respectful, close-knit, hard-working students and athletes.
With their approval, the Greater Ocean Township Chamber of Commerce is launching an ongoing campaign to solicit the community’s support to collect gift cards for local supermarkets and clothing/shoe stores for them. Your support would be much appreciated by the Seidle family as they strive to honor their mother’s memory and move on with their lives showing the same grace, courage, and dignity that Tamara inspired in them.
Those who live out of the area and wish to make cash donations for the family may do so via this YouCaring fundraiser, or may mail checks in care of the “Seidle Family Trust” to the GOTCC at 163 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst, NJ 07755. Questions about this program can be directed to the GOTCC office at 732-660-1888.
To date, there are 5 easy drop-off locations in Neptune and Ocean, that include:
- Lester Glenn Ford, 900 Route 35 South, Ocean. Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The GOTCC office, 163 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst (inside the Board of Education building). Hours: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Gold Coast Cadillac, 2123 Route 35 North. Oakhurst. Hours: Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Retro Fitness Center, 300 West Sylvania Ave., Neptune City (immediately off Route 18). Hours: Monday to Friday, 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Shop Rite of Neptune, 2200 Asbury Ave., Neptune. Hours: Monday through Sunday, 6 a.m. to midnight.
Tamara was a loving and devoted mother to Kirsten, Philip, John, Chris, Monica, Dorothy, Maria, Stephen, and Teresa. She was also an active and engaged member of her community who worked for the past several years at Mother of Mercy Parish (Mount Carmel) in Asbury Park as their spiritual adviser. She tirelessly taught hundreds of children — guiding them and helping them achieve their individual and spiritual goals by giving so much of herself to each and every child she advised.