Adventure for Kids at Blackbeard’s Cave in Bayville – Daily Day Trip
This is one story in a series where we feature one family-friendly day trip idea a day. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s story, “Hiking, Swimming, Playing in Belleplain State Park.” Read the entire series and find great ideas for things to do with kids in NJ here.
Looking for things to do in NJ with kids? This summer, you’d be hard-pressed to find a place packed with more activities for your whole family than Blackbeard’s Cave in Bayville, NJ.
WHY WE LOVE Blackbeard’s cave
Thrill-seeking kids can zip around in Go Karts around a quarter-mile long track featuring a bridge and a tunnel. Younger drivers can go with mom or dad in a two-seater to join in the fun.
The pirate-themed miniature golf course is a fan favorite, featuring bridges, cool caves and pools to challenge players with 20 holes.
Land-lubbers stay away from the Bumper Boats. You will get wet. These air-filled boats come equipped with water-guns and watch out for the water booms from the pool. Another water activity is Water Wars, where opponents man launching stations to hurl water balloons at opponents.
Let the little ones explore the Kiddie Park and they’ll love the C.B. Huntington Train ride, the dragon roller coaster or the Lollipop Swings.
Baseball lovers can spend some time at the batting cages. With 10 cages, there’s rarely a wait and the pitches start off slow, then move up to 92 miles per hour.
Other activities include a 30-foot Rock Wall, a driving range, an archery challenge, a Euro-Bungy jumping ride and a paint ball arena.
Food, Parking, Prices, Hours
If you work up an appetite, C.B. Huntington’s Family Restaurant is a short walk away from Blackbeard’s Cave. You can catch a glimpse of C.B. Huntington’s menus here.
Parking is free, admission is free but the rides all cost money.
Here’s a sampling of Blackbeard’s Cave Prices:
- Go-Kart Racing: 8 tickets (a bonus book has 45 tickets and costs $30/ single tickets are 75 cents)
- Bumper Boats: 7 tickets (a bonus book has 45 tickets and costs $30/ single tickets are 75 cents)
- Rock Wall: 6 tickets (a bonus book has 45 tickets and costs $30/ single tickets are 75 cents)
- Mini-golf: $6 per player
- Driving Range:$5 for a Medium bucket/ $7 for a Large bucket (about 70 balls) /$9 for an Extra Large bucket
- Batting Cages: You have to purchase tokens for this. Tokens are $1 each and each session costs one token.
Park opens at 12:30 p.m. and closes at 10:30 p.m.
PREVIOUSLY IN THIS SERIES:
- ARTICLE: Families Love NJ’s Cape May Zoo