FREEHOLD BOROUGH— A former dispatcher who lost his job at the Monmouth County Sheriff's Office has been charged with texting in a bomb threat to his former employer.

Christopher Young, 27, is alleged to have used a pre-paid cell phone to text in a bomb threat to the county's 911 Communications Center in Freehold on Dec. 8, Sheriff Shaun Golden said.

Young, a borough resident, was arrested on Wednesday and charged with second-degree creating a false public alarm of a critical infrastructure.

"These types of threats are taken very seriously and will not be tolerated to ensure the safety of the people who live in Monmouth County," Golden said.

Golden said Young had been employed as a public safety telecommunications worker before being released in October before his three-month probation period.

The investigation into the incident included cell phone tracking and surveillance, according to Golden who added that Young made a full confession when he was arrested.

"I commend our detectives from the Monmouth County Sheriff's Office for fully responding to this false public alarm and actively working to find out who was responsible for this disruptive and potentially dangerous threat."

The Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office does not allow the release of suspects' arrest booking photos.

More From New Jersey 101.5

Sign up for the NJ1015.com Newsletter

Get the best of NJ1015.com delivered to your inbox every day.