Shooter Dead, 6 Hurt in Georgia FedEx Shooting
A gunman is dead and six people hospitalized following a shooting at a FedEx facility in Kennesaw, Georgia at the Cobb County Airport.
Cobb County Police confirm the gunman was dead from self inflicted gunshot wounds in a loading bay at the facility northwest of Atlanta.
Witness say the shooter had assault rifle, knife and bullets strapped across their chest `like Rambo’ “I mean, he looked like he was heading into war. As soon as I saw him, I ran the other way,” a witness told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.I ran and made sure that people upstairs were gone. He was in all black. I think he had a camo vest. He had an assault rifle and bullets strapped to his chest.”
“The situation is now stabilized and we are focused on the needs of our team members and cooperating with the law enforcement investigation of this tragedy,” FedEx spokesman Scott Fielder told CNN.
Cobb County police spokesman Michael Bowman said an active shooter was reported early Tuesday around 6 a.m. at the package sorting facility He says police had surrounded the building and are working to clear it.
WXIA TV reports that the gunman was a baggage handler.
CBS Atlanta reports the conditions of those hospitalized range from minor to needing surgery.
In a statement to NBC News FedEx confirms the shootings. “FedEx is aware of the situation. Our primary concern is the safety and well-being of our team members, first responders, and others affected. FedEx is cooperating with authorities.”
- FedEx Facility Shooting Prompts Massive Police Response / NBC News
- 6 people taken to hospital after shooting at FedEx warehouse / CBS Atlanta
- Georgia cops search for gunman in FedEx building shooting that left 6 injured / Fox News
- Kennesaw FedEx shooting suspect dead / WXIA TV
- FedEx employee: Bullets strapped across shooter’s chest ‘like Rambo’ /Atlanta Journal-Constitution