5 relationship stressers as bad as putting together Ikea furniture
If you want to know what your relationship is made of, assemble some Ikea furniture together.
A new report confirms what you probably already knew- the cheap, stylish furniture is super annoying to assemble, and it's causing a lot of angry outbreaks.
Realizing we can all act pretty petty at times, here are five things that are bound to send us into a spiral for no good reason.
- Mario Kart: This game single-handedly brings out the worst in everyone. We all have that one friend who's overly competitive, and I just hope you're not dating them if you decide to play.
- Driving when lost: Everything is going smoothly until someone misses an exit and the GPS loses signal. As Chris Swendeman says, suddenly your partner is Magellan, and every move you make is wrong.
- iMessage: Nothing makes an emotionally unstable Millenial panic quite like those three little dots at the bottom of a text message thread except read receipts. These two features take "Why didn't he text me back?" and "What is she thinking?" to a whole 'nother level.
- Take-out menus: What starts as a piece of paper can quickly evolve into back-and-forth bickering as you try to dance around what you really want. Ultimately, indecision becomes the doorman of frustration, and someone's not getting what they wanted.
- Hanging Christmas tree lights: Spacing, color, bulb size, falling pine needles. Bill Spadea says this activity sparks a fight in his household every year. "Oh, it's the moooost wonderful tiiiiime of the yeeear..."
What causes your relationship freak-outs? Leave your story in the comments section below.
Kira Buxton is producer of The Jim Gearhart Show and a professional photographer-videographer. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.