2 Jackson Homeless Men Burned In Propane Tank Blast
Two homeless men suffered serious burns when a leaking propane tank exploded inside an old camper trailer where they were living in Jackson.
Jackson fire officials tell the Asbury Park Press that the men, who had permission to use the trailer, were cooking inside it when the blast occurred Saturday night.
The men, whose names were not released, told authorities that they smelled a strange odor shortly before the tank exploded, starting a fire inside the trailer. But the blaze was quickly extinguished by firefighters.
One man suffered third-degree burns to his right arm and had a throat injury, while the other man had first- and second-degree burns to his hands, forearms and scalp.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)