2 Injured, Dog Dies In Union City Apartment Building Dire
Investigators say an overloaded power strip plugged into a wall socket sparked a fire at a Union City apartment building that left two residents injured and a dog dead.
Union City fire officials tell The Jersey Journal that the blaze started around 9 a.m. Saturday in a second-floor apartment at the four-story building. The fire was mostly contained to the apartment where it started, and building residents were able to return to their homes later Saturday.
Two residents were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, but their injuries were not considered serious.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)