2 awesome mac n’ cheese recipes you NEED to try
Yesterday, we decided that if we were going to get snowed in, we wanted some comfort food. What better comfort food than mac n' cheese, right? Little did we know we'd wind up with two recipes to try instead of just one!
A special thanks to JustSomeChickFromNJ on Twitter for pointing us towards an amazing recipe for mac n' cheese. iHeartRecipes.com has a great way to make homemade cheesy mac n' cheese in a crock pot. You HAVE to try to the recipe.
Then, we were surprised by my producer, Chris Swendeman's wife, Erin, who also made us a mac n' cheese dish as well. Here is her recipe:
-Four tablespoons of melted butter
- Add 4 tablespoons of flour and stir to cook out flour taste
- Add four cups of milk and bring to simmer until thickens.
- Add teaspoon of dried mustard, half a teaspoon of garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Add at least a 6 oz brick of cheddar cheese, shredded. Stir until it melts.
- Add salt and white pepper to your taste
- Pour out one lb of cooked elbow pasta and mix with cheese sauce.
- Add 1/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot, mix in and enjoy!
Try both recipes and let us know which one you like better! Happy eating!
More from New Jersey 101.5: