17 hurt after chemical leak at South Jersey medical company
HAMMONTON (AP) — Authorities say a chemical leak at a medical company in South Jersey has left 17 people injured.
The refrigerant leak happened Wednesday afternoon at Home Solutions Infusion Therapy on Grand Street in Hammonton.
Hammonton Police say 32 people are were evaluated and 22 being treated. Two of the injured were airlifted to hospitals.
Jones says emergency workers combed the building to make sure no one else is inside.
Worker Kim Valentine tells the newspaper that she smelled a chemical odor in the building before her throat became sore. Her eyes were red and swollen, and she said they stung.
Other employees said they were nauseated and had headaches.
- 17 injured in Hammonton freon leak / Press of Atlantic CIty
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)