10 REAL job openings in NJ that don’t require a college degree
What if you never got around to finishing college? Or you know, you're not the college type?
I always say college isn't for everyone, and here are 10 job listings in New Jersey that you can apply for RIGHT NOW that prove it!
They're all listed on the very comprehensive OnRamp for jobseekers through the NJ Career connections Website. You don't have to register just to browse listings as a guest.
- Loss Prevention Agent - Old Navy in Hamilton Township: Maybe you never thought you were cut out for retail, but this isn't just your average retail/customer service gig. In this exciting position as a loss prevention agent, you'll assist with internal investigations and identify theft at Old Navy.
- Grooming Salon Apprentice - PETCO in Clifton: If you're an animal lover, be an apprentice at the Petco grooming salon and become a professional pet styler.
- On Time Transport - Multiple Locations throughout NJ: If you have a calling for public service, Become an EMT. You'll get competitive pay, flexible schedules, and great benefits. Check the listing to find out what qualifications you need; college isn't one of them!
- Admissions Financial Counselor - Summit Oaks Hospital in Summit: At one of the nation's best behavioral health hospitals, you'll get to work with Patients and Families and coordinate all aspects of their insurance and financial responsibilities.
- Assistant Department Manager (Shoes) - Nordstrom at the Freehold Mall: Now let's say you have an interest in retail sales. If you're a shoe girl (or guy), here's your dream job at a great company. There's room for growth here, too.
- Store Manager - H&M at "The Walk" in Atlantic City: Another retail position that's not just a "salesperson," but starting at the top. If you can manage, recruit, and train others, this is a solid position with another great retailer on "The Walk" in Atlantic City.
- Inventory Supervisor - WIS International in Paterson: Here's a supervisory position at a growing inventory and merchandising provider. The Inventory Supervisor at WIS International will service high profile retail clients. Paid training, advancement opportunities and a flexible schedule.
- Pharmacy Tech - Meridian Health @ Jersey Shore Hospital in Neptune: Assist the pharmacist in all duties including preparing and dispensing medication while gain valuable experience as a pharmacy tech.
- Caregiver - Sunrise Senior Living in Randolph: Build meaningful relationships with seniors and their families in this position. Begin a career that really makes a difference in people's lives.
- Lab Assistant - Bio-Reference Laboratories in Randolph: If you've always dreamed of working in a laboratory setting, this could be the perfect start. This company provides diagnostic testing and your work will be hands-on including loading and testing slides, preparing samples, etc.
For more info and to apply, visit http://careerconnections.nj.gov.
More from New Jersey 101.5: